Auto req ID:
225272BR Job Description
Join an industry leader and a winning team and be a part of a company that sells over $13 billion of Fun Foods made at our manufacturing facilities! You will be rewarded with generous opportunities for career growth, a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive benefits. This role will be based in Canton, Ohio leading the local OTR Fleet Team as well as supporting Fleet operations in Southgate, MI.
The Traffic Fleet Manager role will lead the Traffic Fleet field team within region increasing capability and driving performance. Responsible for managing the budget and financial performance in Repair and Maintenance, Fuel, Rentals, and Tires. The annual combined operating budget that this role has direct impact on is approx. $7 Million. From a service stand point, the role has the responsibility for reliability performance of over the road fleet assets. This role will manage a relationship with an outside vendor as the primary maintenance provider for Canton assets, while partnering with the local Fleet technicians in Southgate. Actions are currently underway to construct a Frito Lay operated Fleet garage in Canton, OH within the next 12 months. This is a strategic role that will be instrumental in the inception of the local fleet operation in the coming years and will require influence and collaboration across functions as well as exceptional Leadership Management and Development of talent pipeline. Other Key Responsibilities:
- Lead local Fleet Teams to deliver the cost, quality, service, and reliability results set out in the annual Fleet Capability plan.
- Partner with the Fleet Service Center team that supports the outside vendor maintenance service and parts ordering.
- Utilize, implement, and execute national tactics to drive World Class Service & Performance
- Build a specific strategic plan to drive Fleet performance.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive asset utilization plan for maximum asset availability
- Align with site, region and fleet HQ management on annual fleet financial plan, productivity and tactical/strategic initiatives
- Execute a fuel maintenance conservation plan to reduce fuel usage and improve overall MPG
- Manage all regulatory compliance (DOT, EPA, SMART, OSHA and FDA)
- Manage direct reports
- Responsibility for key accounts including repair and maintenance, fuel, rentals and tires for local location
- Develop technical and non-technical capability of the technicians
- Build and sustain strong business relationships with Transportation Operations.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Qualifications/Requirements Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years previous experience in fleet maintenance or logistics
- Supply Chain experience
- Intermediate computer systems knowledge
- Knowledge & experience with DOT guidelines
- Fleet or similar CMMS experience
- Ability to manage front line employees and Leaders
- Effective interaction skills with leadership, subordinates and peers
- Ability to influence cross functional teams
- Demonstrated Change Management experience
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Leadership skills including coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
- Flexible - willingness to work off shifts, holidays, and weekends as necessary based on business need
- Travel up to 10%
- Frequent standing and walking
- Sitting occasionally to frequent
- Lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity) and hear
- Must be able to maneuver safely around moving equipment and/or in congested manufacturing areas
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures (hot and/or cold depending upon season)
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, ear plugs/muffs, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves/boots, etc.
- Exposed to various cleaning chemicals, lubricants, etc.
Not Eligible for Relocation Job Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement