One of our clients in the Chicago Loop is seeking to hire Associates, Income Partners and Equity Partners for a very fast growing 15year old law firm that has 20 lawyers.
You MUST be able to bring over a book of business, ideally of $250,000+ but this is negotiable (ex: if you have a $150,000 book of business we’d still like to speak to you).
They are a boutique law firm, well known for their work in the following:
· Commercial real estate
· Commercial transactions
· Commercial litigation
· Banking transactional work
· Foreclosures, estate planning
· Commercial bankruptcy
The firm has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and strives to help their lawyers build their practices and their reputations.
If you don’t have a background in one of the areas above, we still want to hear from you. The firm is very open to expanding its expertise into other areas.
- Researching and analyzing complex legal issues and writing analytical memos for the Firm’s clients through and clearly written, with practical compliance and business legal advice.
- Assessing legal risk and discussing legal strategy and solutions with clients.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts.
- Must have at least $100,000 book of business to bring over and ideally $250,000+.
- Has an incredible work ethic and makes sure we give solid advice.
- Maintains the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Keeps current with legal developments relevant to the firm’s practice.
- Has a demonstrated interest in personal development.
- Isn’t a job-hopper and wants to build out this role toward long-term, professional growth.
- Can work in a team.
Professional Qualifications & Attributes:
You, the candidate, have the following qualifications:
- At least 5years of legal practice experience.
- Demonstrated top-notch legal research and writing skills. You are creative and analytical with the ability to think strategically and execute. You are quick and resourceful, yet thorough.
- You understand and are conscientious about the importance of capturing and budgeting your time to work within owner and client constraints.
- To the extent you have a book of business, you will bring it to the Firm and work to grow it within the Firm.
- You fit the Firm’s culture and values.
- High confidence. You are unstoppable, with a can-do attitude.
- High positivity. You are relentlessly positive and enthusiastic.
- High commitment to success. You thrive at work and co-create an environment in which everyone prospers. You embody excellence.
- High commitment to clear communication. You demonstrate extraordinary communication skills, with high emotional intelligence along with intellectual ability.
- Enthusiasm about developing business. You enjoy cultivating professional relationships and leveraging opportunities to grow business.