The Facebook Legal team is seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate. The right candidate must have a strong work ethic, excellent judgement and exceptional partnering skills. The position is full-time and would be based in our Austin office.
- Manage and bring operational excellence to a diverse team of individual contributors reviewing high priority, time sensitive requests related to user safety.
- Support escalations related to sensitive subject matter with a high degree of urgency.
- Coordinate with internal partners and external law enforcement agencies to provide real world assistance to people in crisis.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support career development for members of the team while removing roadblocks and encouraging innovative solutions.
- Foster a supportive, constructive, and collaborative environment for individual contributors tasked with working an intensive caseload.
- Provide real-time summaries for internal partners related to ongoing and resolved cases.
- Interpret performance metrics and impact organizational change as a result.
- Clearly respond to process and policy questions from law enforcement, government agencies and internal parties, both in writing and over the phone.
- Working with a cross-functional team, drive improvements to policies and processes related to high priority requests.
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
- Must not be easily intimidated.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule that may include either Tuesday-Saturday, or Sunday-Thursday from 11am to 7pm.
- Experience requiring minimal direction.
- BA/BS degree.
- 5+ years of experience in operations, people management, or business strategy and prioritization.
- Experience prioritizing multiple functions and tasks while managing work time.
- Experience communicating with an audience varying from entry level employees to executives.
- Experience with various computer systems, internet technology and software (PC, Mac, MS Office, online research, etc.).
- Experience working independently.
- Experience using Facebook.
- Experience supporting a team focused on crisis/safety issues.