Launch Systems Project Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company is seeking a Launch Systems Project Engineer for a full-time position supporting the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), a subordinate unit of Air Force Space Command (AFSPC). SMC is headquartered at Los Angeles Air Force Base (LAAFB) in El Segundo, CA
- Second Stage Liquid Rocket Engine and Systems acquisition, development, manufacturing, test, and launch operations
- Provide Engineering Review Board assessments and launch risk assessments and recommendations and prepare status and readiness review packages
- Support live rehearsals and launch operations
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with launch vehicle upper stage propulsion systems is required, preferably with liquid oxygen/liquid hydrogen systems
- Knowledge of launch and range systems and operations and propulsion system integration with launch vehicles
- Direct experience with Solid Rocket Motors and Ordnance systems design, test, manufacturing, and operation is mandatory, e.g., Graphite Epoxy Motors (GEMs), Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs), Booster Separation Motors (BSMs), Flight Termination Systems, Separation Systems, etc
- Experience with Atlas and/or Delta highly desired
- Experience with flight and development hardware processing, integration, testing, and anomaly resolution related to engines, motors, and components required
- Demonstrated ability to assess design drawings, processes, and procedures of propulsion systems
- Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution
- Experience in design reviews, pre- and post-test reviews, failure analysis reviews and presentation to senior engineers and senior management
- Experience with Air Force Launch and Range systems
- Experience with Los Angeles AFB (SMC) Launch Enterprise
- Motivated, energetic self-starter with desire and ability to work in a multi-task environment
- Must possess ability to manage multiple on-going processes
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and participate on both intra-office and cross-organizational teams
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science and a minimum of 12years’ work experience in engineering, science, related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a DoD Secret level clearance or higher.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2145