In general, the Launch Integration Specialist (LIS) provides launch management and integration support to the OSL mission team in all phases of planning and execution of satellite-to-launch vehicle integration for OSL assigned missions. The LIS provides the overall mission integration planning coordination/support, integrated schedule development, Range coordination, readiness review preparation, technical procedure coordination, anomaly resolution, integration of mission requirements into government or commercial infrastructure, mission/Day of Launch support and Lessons Learned adjudication. Launch Integration Specialists generally provide two types of support: Launch Mission Integration support, and Mission Control.
In general, the Launch Systems Engineer (LSE) is a technical/engineering professional who acts as an advisor on complex and critical launch systems and processes. The LSE provides expert scholarly advice and technical evaluations on acquisition and technical approach and execution; as well as provides alternatives. The LSE also provides support to ensure thorough and consistent implementation of Systems Engineering processes.
Preferred: Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in computer science, sciences, engineering, or related field.
Active or current TS/SCI with favorable adjudicated CI polygraph.
- National Security Space (NSS), NASA, Air Force Space Launch experience
- Government acquisition experience
- General knowledge of NRO/OSL launch policy and procedures
- Knowledge of Air Force SMC acquisition processes and interfaces
- General understanding of launch vehicle processes and practices, launch site preparations flow and day of launch procedures
- General understanding of NSS Satellite Vehicle launch interface requirements, launch transportation and processing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships
- Substantive experience providing risk assessments and recommendations to the Government and mission managers in support of successful mission accomplishment
- Effective communicator...develops/delivers solid briefings, presentations or papers on complex launch acquisition topics for audiences that may be senior and/or hostile.