Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Launch Program Manager within the Hardware product area, you will be part of an organization focused on the development of channels to bring our Hardware products and services to market. You will be responsible for driving the introduction and operations of multiple business and go-to-market strategies across Operations, Marketing, Sales & Partnerships, Finance, HR, Business Systems, and other critical stakeholders. The solutions that you deliver play a critical part in Google’s overall business strategy, and complement the ultimate user experience that we deliver through our growing suite of Hardware products.
You’ll keep an innovative yet multi-faceted team firing on all cylinders. You are a critical core team lead who drives cross-functional teams from all across Google to disrupt and transform the industry, while delivering on-time and within financial objectives. You drive unchartered, high velocity programs, and manage multi-dimensional priorities and risks. You have the ability to navigate highly complex organizational systems, possess strong problem solving and change management skills, and are an experienced program manager who can drive solutions from concept through landing.
You thrive on navigating ambiguity and uniting cross-functional teams with potentially conflicting interests towards a common goal. You have a bias towards action while thinking methodically through the right plan and aren’t afraid to speak up for the success of the program. In this role, the solutions you ultimately drive will help our users experience the full breadth and magic of Google.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive end-to-end strategy, planning, and operations that enable the go-to-market and launch efforts for a new business initiative.
- Lead complex workstreams and/or program-wide efforts to develop, implement, and maintain processes that meet the overall operational and financial success of the program.
- Provide strategic insights and evaluate trade-offs to make sound recommendations; drive convergence at all levels on key priorities and program direction.
- Maintain state across highly complex projects and clearly articulate status, risks, and escalations to various leadership teams. Proactively mitigate risks by anticipating and unblocking bottlenecks.
- Establish and drive launch readiness efforts, including critical executive approvals. Enable overall program success. Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading business-critical operations and/or transformational projects.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field.
- Experience bringing new products or first-of-kind projects to market
- Proven track record of program managing complex, high-velocity programs encompassing various levels of stakeholders (from Core Team to Executive Leadership Teams).
- Creative problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and effective interpersonal / communication skills. High attention to detail with ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to travel as required.