As a Launch Manager, you will lead our launch team to enable the continued growth of Spire’s constellation and Space Services business. You will work closely with global launch companies to negotiate launch solutions and collaborate with our satellite engineering teams to ensure that satellites meet launch requirements and are delivered on time. Launch touches almost every part of the company, interfacing with engineering and manufacturing as well as satellite operations, finance, legal, and logistics.
The right candidate works well in a high paced and high-pressure environment, paying attention to details to independently complete deliverables for the launch campaign. They are highly collaborative and creative, able to energetically interface with internal stakeholders and external partners.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Serve as primary internal and external point of contact for launch campaigns
- Develop and maintain positive personal and corporate relationships with existing and upcoming launch providers
- Review and support launch contract execution
- Manage Spire Mission Management effort for multiple simultaneous launch campaigns from contract signing to delivery and integration of spacecraft
- Collaborate with legal team to obtain all required licensing and insurance required for a launch campaign
- Coordinate milestone reviews and technical interchange meetings as needed with internal stakeholders and launch providers
- Ensure orbital parameters are communicated and coordinated with the Satellite Operations team
- Identify and mitigate any risks associated with satellite production, regulatory items, launch schedule, etc
- Coordinate any visas or registration required for employees or VIPs to attend launches
- Travel as needed to support launch related events (milestone reviews, fit checks, integration, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years prior experience in Mission Management, Spacecraft Integration, or Project Management
- 5+ years prior experience in a field such as systems engineering, project/program management, spacecraft subsystems, spacecraft manufacturing, or launch operations
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of orbits, spacecraft design and the launch industry
- Working knowledge of ITAR, Export control and regulatory framework for launch and satellite operations
- Working knowledge of launch vehicle environments and interfaces with spacecraft
- Experience working directly on launch campaigns
- Experience working with contracts and requirements documents (ICDs)
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams or program management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet in a collaborative environment.
- Sense of humor.