The Laser Scientist’s primary responsibilities include design and development of new laser prototypes and components.
• Design, develop, and test all aspects of optical components, equipment, systems, and setups.
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of novel laser architectures.
• Provide reports, and work in a scheduled, product-development oriented environment.
• Ph.D. in Science and/or Engineeringrequired, or 5+ years of directly-related industry experience at the scientist level.
• Experience with:
o Laser research and development
o Optical and laser characterization
o Advanced nonlinear optical systems
• MathCAD and/or MatLab experience (or similar computational tools)
• Proven ability for innovations
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
• Good aptitude for all aspects of laser engineering
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ultraviolet laser experience, a plus