Large Bank Audit Manager - Real Estate
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Purpose of Job
The Large Bank Audit Manager maintains a high degree of business contact through planning, fieldwork, and reporting often serving as the principal contact for supporting Bank Audits, and perform audits within the 3rd line of defense for USAA.
Essential Key Functions:
• Accountable for leading and executing audit engagements from beginning to end (audit lifecycle of medium to high complexity audit engagements,); including understanding horizontal and vertical impacts across the entire audit organization (i.e. ability to cross matrix).
• Responsible for coaching and leading junior auditors to ensure audit engagement deliverables are delivered timely and with quality work. Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
• Responsible for content of audit report and business monitoring. Reviews work papers and delivers audit team engagement performance evaluations. Assists performing or assists with leading special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators.
• Builds and enhances relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners; including helping to drive strategic objectives with the business. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
• Communicates with the business/clients; delivers difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
We are currently seeking talented Large BankAudit Manager - Real Estate for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
About USAA Audit Team
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Internal Audit function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Audit team! We are a diversified team of audit professionals, working across all USAA operations, seeing the incredible growth first-hand. USAA Audit Services affords you the ability to see USAA’s Mission in action on a daily basis. In this role you are part of USAA’s noble mission.
The Large Bank Audit Manager develops and independently performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, and compliance and/or information technology. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Possesses comprehensive audit, business, and/or information technology knowledge. Mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/information technology techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and auditreports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Supports the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- 6+ years of audit, large retailbanking (consumer checking/savings, credit cards, consumer credit risk, underwriting, consumer compliance, mortgage, auto loans, etc.), financial services, insurance, information technology or related business experience in a large bank compliance function.
- Bachelor's degree OR 6+ years of additional relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years experience in large retail bank internal audit departments’, or equivalent auditexperience
- Equivalent = minimum 6years as:
- Federal Regulator for banks (FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve) with experience supervising large banks with assets > $80B
- Top tier firm (Big 4, Protiviti, etc.) with experienceauditing or consulting with large banks with assets > $80B
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFSA (Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business designation.
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, compliance (including holistic evaluation of compliance management systems (CMS)), business and information technologyrisks and/or audit techniques in a large retail bank environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for retailbanking industry.
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers.
- Model risk management knowledge.
- Vendor Oversight knowledge
- Proficiency in the use of data mining and analytic tools for auditing such as ACL, and SAS.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND ADDITIONAL SKILLS
The Large Bank Audit Manager is responsible for understanding risk and risk management techniques, to include identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and controls, and evaluating control design adequacy. Collectively, we are:
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Able to build effective cross-functional relationships with employees of various levels throughout the organization
- Strong communicators and possess strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Able to effectively work with both internal and external business partners
- Data driven
- Analytical and have strong critical thinking skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
Job Number: R0013789