Finding the right fit:
Are you a self-starter with a passion for design and a propensity for client engagement? We’re seeking an innovative landscape architect to join our team and assist with a growing workload that is centered in delivering creative design solutions to our Wisconsin and surrounding clients. Put your passion for improving the environment and communities, public outreach, and effective listening skills to work and help us identify and implement solutions for a growing and diverse client base. Success will be defined by your professional capabilities and confidence in business development. This position will manage other design professionals and have the opportunity for growth within the organization.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Lead project teams for a variety of client and project types.
- Develop, design, and plan project deliverables including:
- Analyze project data
- Develop master plans, studies, and reports
- Produce detailed plans of the site, including written reports, sketches, models, photographs, land-use studies, and cost estimates
- Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction document packages
- Develop plans, reports, and studies
- Observe and document site construction
- Collaborate with architects, planners, and engineers to create innovative and authentic design solutions.
- Attend meetings and workshops.
- Identify, market, and secure projects for private/public sector clients.
- Participate in project interviews and develop proposals, budgets, and project timelines.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in landscape architecture or a degree from a closely related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with public and private clients.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Ability to work effectively in both an independent as well as a collaborative team environment.
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate graphically and verbally.
- Ability to secure work from new and existing clients to help grow our landscape design group.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of landscape architecture, urban design, and community engagement expertise are desirable, as is knowledge of park and recreation design.
- Wisconsin Landscape Architecture license.