Primary Duties andResponsibilities:
- Assist or lead in the execution of landscape architectural design on assigned projects within a multidisciplinary collaborative setting.
- Prepare hardscape and landscape plans for urban settings, streetscapes, parks and recreation, etc. including entitlement, site plan and construction documents.
- Prepare graphics and presentation packages.
- Carry out technical and administrative assignments, tabulations, cost estimates, etc.
- Conduct research and prepare construction details and specifications.
- Assist in performing onsite inspections during construction and coordinate design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- May utilize and assist less experienced staff in understanding technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients.
- Consult with clients, engineers, and architects on specifications and needs of overall projects.
- Participate on project teams and in project meetings.
- Written report presentation
- Actively participate in professional organizations where the technical reputation and image of the company may be enhanced.
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Possess a valid landscape architecture license, Virginia and/or Maryland preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven experience in landscape architectural design and construction detailing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Conceptual Design through Construction Documents, including hand sketches.
- Strong, creative design and good graphic production skills.
- Proficiency with AutoCad and presentation graphics programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup and MS.
- Employment history in a design-driven studio environment is preferred.
- Have technical knowledge of landscape architectural construction methods including codes and development regulations for local jurisdictions.
- Have a good working knowledge of landscape and native plants in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Proficiency in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the public in a presentation format.
- Be a team player able to contribute and work in a collaborative environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in written, oral and graphic communication.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
These additional skills andqualifications aredesired:
- Experience in Metropolitan Washington D.C. area jurisdictions.