Job Description :
The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is a national asset that not only holds a legendary history but also a promising future. Just as founder Clarence “Kelly” Johnson intended, we’re not big on titles or protocol – we simply tackle the toughest technical challenges, making a real difference for our customers.
We need extraordinary people who are passionate about working on the next cutting-edge design or technology; comfortable with ambiguity; enjoy being part of a team; love to learn, and willing to push the boundaries of what is possible.
Applicant should be a recognized industry leader in mechanical & landing gear systems design.
Extensive experience with design (CATIA), supplier management, production support and testing is highly desired.
The applicant must have a proven track record of delivering products in fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will also mentor less-experienced engineers.
Responsibilities will include design and development of highly advanced landing gear and drivetrain systems resulting in new products/business opportunities.
The candidate shall serve as the top consultant in new or projected areas of technical research.
The candidate shall have expertise and experience in the areas of landing gear design, mechanisms, power and torque of drivetrains, stress and deflection of structures, and bearing selection.
Candidate responsibilities include design and development of mechanical components, participation in trade studies, creation and maintenance of interface control drawings, coordination with subcontractors, integrated product teams and customers, creating test plans, conducting tests, defining and validating design requirements, and managing budget and schedule.
The candidate will be responsible for planning and initiating their own work, leading teams and developing landing gear and gearbox design skills in other engineers.
Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Experience in landing gear design and analysis
- Experience in gearbox design
- Experience with CATIA V5
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance with a Background Investigation within the last five years to Start
- 20 years professional experience in aerospace or structure design with a related Bachelors Degree, or 18 years with a related MS degree, or 15 years with related PhD degree.
- Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in US Navy aircraft carrier launch and arrestment landing gear design
- Proven experience mentoring junior engineers
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience in supporting production and test
- Experience with certification of military and commercial aircraft