Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Technician \ Frequency Spectrum Manager
This position will be located in Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Rationalize and optimize the use of the RF Spectrum
- Assign and update authorized radio frequencies and maintain a current listing of approved frequency assignments
- Maintain required documentation (DD1494) , frequency assignments and site license surveys for JTF areas.
- Evaluate system failure and repair reports for trends, and recommend changes to minimize trends.
- Create, update, and/or review system procedures and documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Design, test, and implement system modifications, document all changes and ensure modifications meet organization rules and regulations.
- Install, maintain and repair wide area mobile data systems and equipment.
- Install, maintain, and repair LMR systems and equipment in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Install, maintain, and repair LMR infrastructure, including but not limited to; repairing and/or replacing LMR related servers and workstations, network equipment, and other command and control infrastructure.
- Program and/or repair LMR subscriber and networkinfrastructure equipment using vendor specific Radio Service Software (RSS). Examine, test, clean, and replace electronic parts, wiring, cable, connectors, surge protectors, etc.
- Provide users instruction in the proper operation of all supported systems and equipment.
- Respond to user inquiries, support requests and trouble reports.
· High School Graduate, and applicable industry training (Military and\or Vendor Training)
· Motorola or other Vendor or Militrary training on trunked radio systems or a minimum of six years of experience with server based trunked radio networks. Minimum of two years Linux and Shell ScriptingExperience
· Basic understanding of Radio Frequency Propagation
· Working knowledge of VMWARE\WMWARE
· Systems and Network Administration
· Strong knowledge of Routing and Switching networks and IP subnetting
Minimum Training/Certification requirements:
Motorola APX\CPS Radio Programming and Template Building
Cisco Certified Network Entry Technician (CCENT)