$100K — $150K *
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD provides virtually all the services that those from the private and public sector require to advance a land development or redevelopment project from an initial vision to reality. The majority of this work is channeled through our Land Development offices in Mississauga, Markham and Whitby. Within the Land Development Group, GHD has expertise in the upfront studies, planning, design and contract administration of residential and employment area plan of subdivisions, and of site plans.
Our Markham & Whitby office is looking for a Senior Land Development Project Manager to join the Land Development Team.
The successful candidate will:
• Prepare budgets, proposals, costs and time estimates, and lead proposal preparation.
• Lead and coordinates site plan and subdivision projects from the development of preliminary concepts through detailed design and construction.
• Keep clients informed of project status
• Liaise and coordinate with sub-consultants, other disciplines and members of other teams. • Coordinate staffing resources to meet project deadlines for several projects concurrently.
• Liaise with municipalities, clients and other approval agencies in the pursuit of approvals and general coordination of work plan, communicating important project information.
• Manage project schedules, budgets and invoicing, initiating any necessary actions to achieve established financial targets.
• Ensure implementation of quality assurance procedures and processes. • Ensure that project design records and files are effectively managed.
• Assist as needed with business planning, identifying opportunities for growth. • Perform other design and approval related duties as assigned or required. • Actively participate in staff development, staff assessments and business development activities.
• Actively promote the profile of GHD by attendance at industry functions and conferences.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary civil engineering education.
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in design and management of land development projects.
• A full understanding of the Land Use Approval process and roles.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to lead by example and simultaneously coordinate multiple projects.
• A positive attitude towards their work, colleagues and is supportive of a team environment.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills and detail-oriented.
Valid through: 9/22/2020