Summary of Position Requirements
Assist in the development of opportunities that fit Division’s land development strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the successful and timely delivery of new projects through use of construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, geotechnical reports, engineering and architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
• Work closely with the Area Construction Managers and Director of Construction to deliver completed, ready-to-build home sites.
• Assist in the Creation of development budgets during the entitlement process and value-engineer specific aspects of the project design.
• Develop position working relationship with jurisdictional entities all while maintaining land use and development rights
• Oversee projects from permit approvals through construction, recording plat, final certification and community turnover.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of the field operations related to land development including erosion control, grading, wet utilities, dry utilizes, paving, sidewalks, landscaping, hardscaping, amenities, post construction as builts, certifications and compliance letters.
• HOA management including but not limited to quarterly meetings, budget analysis and improvements to the common open space
• Responsible for bond maintenance and retrieval of all types of guaranty in use by the division
• Work with all departments as needed to deliver amenity/recreation centers, common entry landscaping and ensure proper marketing window
• Responsible for SWPPP management and compliance.
• Regular review of project development budgets with Director of Development for reconciliation.
• All other duties assigned by the Director of Land Development
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor degree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance or similar program preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Land development.
• Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
• Knowledge of sales/negotiating principles and real estate.
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
• Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
• Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Valid auto insurance coverage required.
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, vendors, contractors and homeowners.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk, move and/or carry equipment in excess of 20 pounds. Must have finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and calculator.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.