$80K - $125K(Ladders Estimates)
Our client is experiencing phenomenal growth and, as a result, they need to increase their team ASAP and talent is needed in Tennesee! Salary is up to $125K (based on skill level, experience, education, etc.). MUST have strong land entitlement and zoning and project management experience!
The Development Director will be responsible for researching zoning and land use regulations related to the communities the company is targeting for property development. Will also be working with the development staff to develop Concept Plans for projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate advanced understanding and application of analyses, mapping, and reports related to urban design and community planning.
SPECIFIC JOB DETAILS:
· Assists in site selection, site planning, cost analysis/economic feasibility, identification of development issues, governmental approvals, and coordination of planning/development activities with the company's Development, Operations, and Construction divisions.
· Assists and helps to coordinate all due diligence and entitlement issues related to proposed developments such as environmental, geo-technical, off-site improvements, stream/wetland delineations, traffic impact studies, utility capacities, and all other items affecting the development feasibility.
· Assembles governmental zoning ordinance and land use data to prepare Zoning Analysis reports for potential projects of the organization
· Develop and prepare documents including exhibits, maps, reports, comprehensive and local plan packages, and presentation materials
· Develops Conceptual site and building layout plans utilizing Autodesk Revit and other software programs and online resources for potential projects
· Reviews or assists in the review of moderately difficult development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations
· Collects a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, rental rates, tax base data, and occupancy rates
· Represents the company in the municipal approval process including zoning hearings, planning commission hearings, and trustee/council meetings required for preliminary approval of proposed developments. Develops strategies for obtaining approvals, including outreach on political/soft issues with planning staff, planning boards, political officials, neighborhood groups, residents, etc.
· Coordinates governmental review of the company's development projects
· Assists in resolving citizen and regulatory body issues
· Conducts field evaluations and assessments
· Attends substantial number of evening and weekend meetings
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning
· Knowledge of a relevant specialization such as governmental entitlement processes, land use, or senior housing is desired
· Knowledge of principles and practices of research and data collection
· Knowledge of effective writing techniques
· Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations
· Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which includes Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Internet applications, and GIS.
The position requires a bachelor's degree in urban planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, or related area of study. Our client desires a minimum of two years of planning and/or development experience working for a public entity, developer, or consultant.
Valid Through: 2019-10-1