The Land Construction Manager will work closely with the Division’s Land Development Managers, Director’s and Vice President of Land Acquisition and Development to manage land development projects from acquisition to final completion and will serve as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Construction, Purchasing, Government Authorities, Consulting Teams and Contractors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner while striving to achieve The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken.
- Assist Land Development Managers to achieve timely planning approvals of Rezonings, General Plan Amendments, Preliminary Plats, Final Plats, Engineering Plans, Landscape Plans, Utility Plans, etc.
- Assist in and producing financial evaluations of all plan alternatives with input from Land Development Managers
- Assist in setting up of land development budgets within the company’s accounting software
- Assist Land Development Managers in reviewing engineering and landscape designs to meet schedules and achieve most timely/cost effective and customer friendly construction techniques and designs
- Assist in processing subdivision, utility, and pre-servicing agreements
- Coordinate with dry utility companies, including dry utility design, utility conflicts, etc.
- Ensure Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, Construction and head office have all information required for scheduling, sales and construction
- Manage the procurement of construction, engineering, landscaping and other consultant services, including generation of bid packages, bid awards, change orders, etc.
- Manage distribution of all contract documents, including construction plans, specifications, contracts, etc. to subcontractors
- Obtain all required permits, including dust control, SWPPP, 404, construction, etc
Land Development Stage
- Assist Land Development Managers in managing land development budgets within the company’s accounting software
- Assist Land Development Managers in processing subcontractor, consultant and supplier invoices for payment by A/P and manage lien waivers
- Assist Land Development Managers in managing letter of credits, bonds and certificate of occupancy hold agreements and pursue bond exonerations upon the completion of land development
- Provide support to Land Development Managers during the land development stage
- Acquisitions Responsibilities
- Assist the Land Development Managers and Vice President and provide support for the investigation process, including reviewing reports, preparing schedules and budgets, meetings with municipalities, etc.
- Manage land development budgets within the company’s accounting software
Team Support Responsibilities
- Provide support to Land Development Managers and Vice President in all areas of the acquisition, entitlement and land development phases
- Manage filing system for all land acquisition, entitlement and development documents
- Coordinate with community management companies regarding homeowners’ association management tasks
- Mentor, train and supportinterns and other team members
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Engineering, Construction Management (preferred but not required)
- 3 to 7 Seven Years minimum experience in horizontal land development field construction management
- Candidate will have strong field construction expertise in Horizontal Land Construction/Development and be able to “Lead in the Field with integrity and character”
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – verbal and written
- Understanding of the land development and entitlement processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent project coordination skills in assisting team’s work efforts
- Detail orientated
- Strong business acumen including education in budget management
- Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Optimism and humor