The Denver Division is growing and we are looking for an experienced Land Construction Manager. This is a field-based role, focusing on the horizontal construction components before vertical construction takes over. In this role, you will:
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land development construction through successful delivery of all lots to Construction Department.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work and subcontractors & field consultants as necessary.
- Manage construction schedule to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with business plan.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe; storm drains; concrete and amenity construction.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy.
- Regularly review all active development projects, including other construction activities as may be assigned from time to time, to verify work in progress, contractor activity and manpower.
- Coordinate inspection process in cooperation with site contractor. Schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors; enforce safety regulations on all job sites.
- Ensure that finished lots are delivered to construction department in accordance with division standards.
- Interact daily with various departments of company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Work with construction department to resolve finished lot deficiencies.
- Prepare and submit weekly progress reports
- Other duties or projects as assigned or needed.
Salary range: $80,000-100,000 (depending on experience)
Auto Allowance: Monthly
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in Construction Management, preferred.
- 5+years off-site/infrastructure construction experience with increasing levels of project oversight experience
- Experience with heavy civil or infrastructure construction preferred
- Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices.
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys and technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction including underground utilities, paving, grading and drainage infrastructure.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and organize work flow with multiple interruptions
- Organized, with ability to prioritize multiple projects and workflow of department to meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances.
- Takes initiative and works with minimal oversight; proactively addresses problems with regards to work product, process and personnel.
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder and a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital part of the team