Directs divisional land acquisition activities by identifying and purchasing new land development and homebuilding opportunities through process of negotiating purchase and sale agreements, understanding land use planning and governmental entitlements, knowing physical constraints of site design and land development and assisting in product design. Cultivates continual professional relationships for purpose of expanding and obtaining new land acquisition opportunities through communication and negotiation with various types of individuals and groups including landowners and developers, financial institutions, land brokers, consultants, government officials, community members, as well as divisional and Corporate management staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and administers land acquisition goals, objectives and strategies.
- Identifies new residential project opportunities and sites.
- Researches and defines specific target market areas.
- Conducts negotiations with land sellers.
- Formulates initial market research.
- Manages preparation of internal Land Acquisition Request packages.
- Performs and manages various due diligence activities and investigations of site opportunities and constraints.
- Prepares and manages land acquisition due diligence schedules.
- Directs preparation of legal documentation and land purchase contracts.
- Oversees land escrow closing process.
- Coordinates and maintains relationships with City and County officials, council people and politicians for approvals on land purchases and processing.
- May also manage forward planning staff to obtain building permits, tentative and final maps.
- Performs other duties as assigned by President.
Requirements JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, construction or planning required.
- At least 5 years of experience working in positions of increasing responsibility related to land acquisition such as land brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning, real estate development, construction project management.
Requisition Number 17-0172