Job Summary: The Manager of Land Acquisition/Planning is responsible for finding, acquiring and prioritizing land acquisitions for the division. The Manager will work directly with division senior leaders to scrutinize all property deals and find land in areas and price ranges consistent with market survey data, while optimizing the return on investment and minimizing risk to the company. This role will work with local government agencies to complete entitlement processes.
Land Search & Acquisition
• Aggressively search for land deals to place under contract. Build relationships with local land owners and brokers.
• Collect and analyze market data related to new and resale housing markets to understand existing conditions and trends.
• Prepare and complete financial analysis of potential acquisitions, including developing timelines, budgets, and market analysis.
• Under the direction of senior leaders, negotiate contracts with sellers.
• To support the land acquisition process, build strong internal relationships with Sales, Purchasing, Construction, Customer Service, Marketing, and Daily Units Processing.
• Compile and analyze data collected by the Land Analysts for the development of Land Committee packages.
• Prepare Land Packages to completion and submit to Corporate Land Committee for review.
• Participate in Corporate Land Committee discussions when needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Finance/Economics), Engineering, Real Estate, Planning, Government Relations or related field is required
• Masters Degree preferred.
• Minimum four (4) years proven experience in land acquisition, contract negotiation and relationship building
• Home building or related construction/real estate industry preferred