Key Required Skills:
Prior desktop support experience, troubleshooting/problem solving, customer support experiencePosition Description:
An immediate need for a LAN Support Technician. The selected candidate will assist performing LAN and Desktop support. The candidate should be able to work without technical oversight and should be able to troubleshoot network, hardware and user's issues.
The candidate will be collocated at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering and troubleshooting Active Directory (AD) user accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange email accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning and scheduling installation of new and/or modified hardware and software.
- Should also resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems and manages the installation and integration of system patches, updates and enhancements.
- Experience with imaging, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting government workstations, laptops, servers and blackberries.
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop and network printers.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot SharePoint sites.
- Demonstrated proficiency in tracking inventory, including the location of all systems, software releases and telecommunications equipment. Should be able to conduct inventory reviews.
- Ability to assist in the acquisition, installation, testing and evaluation of computer hardware and software.
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving problems in response to reported incidents using tools such as AD.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Windows Operating Systems and various software packages, including Microsoft tools and Adobe
- Experience with administering file, print and database servers
- Ability to create "How to" documentation
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working on government sites with the ability to learn government
Bachelor's Degree and 11 years of professional IT experience.
All candidates will not require sponsorship to work in the USA.