As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance of LabVIEW based data acquisition and controls systems that support rocket engine test stands and ground support equipment. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of component, vehicle subsystem, and engine testing. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design and development of LabVIEW data acquisition and control systems based on National Instruments compact-DAQ, compact-RIO, and PXIe hardware
- Software development and support of new and existing LabVIEW applications, frameworks, and libraries within a team environment
- Participate in the hardware/software build, installation, and verification activities
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering. Other engineering or science degrees or work history will be considered if experience in above responsibilities is met
- 1+ years of experience in LabVIEW with knowledge of object oriented design, test automation, and component development
- Direct experience using National Instruments hardware
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with Actor Framework, unit testing, validation, code reuse, advanced architectures, hardware and software abstraction layers
- NI TestStand sequence development, user interfaces, process model customization, and LabVIEW API
- Experience with LabVIEW Real-Time, FPGA, and application deployment
- Experience with developing closed loop control applications
- Experience working with electrical control systems and industrial sensors and actuators: pressure, temperature, LVDT, bridge, accelerometers, motor controllers, valves, and pumps