Job ID 3027713
HP Labs- Research Associate (Postdoc)--ME/EE for 3D Printed Electronics – Palo Alto, CA
HP Labs is an international research organization with its headquarters and largest facility located in Palo Alto, CA. As HP's central research organization, HP Labs' purpose is to deliver breakthrough technologies and technology advancements that provide a competitive advantage for HP by investing in fundamental science and technology in areas of interest to HP.
The 3D Printing Advanced Materials Lab at HP Labs is seeking a qualified candidate for a postdoctoral printed electronics researcher. Primary research topic involves creating and optimizing on designs, printing parameters and testing procedures for electronic devices produced through a novel 3D printed electronics approach.
Please visit HP’s Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology websites for more information:
- Participate in researching and developing 3D printed electronics technology
- Use expertise in electrical and/or mechanical engineering to design novel electronic devices showcasing the capabilities of the 3D printed electronics technology
- Optimize printing parameters for printed electronic devices as well as make minor printer hardware modifications
- Develop and apply analytical methods for the design and characterization of 3D printed electronic devices
- Contribute as a team member with other research scientists and engineers carrying out the investigation, design, development, and execution of scientific research projects to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
- Work independently to create portions of research plans, investigative procedures, and effectively execute research for assigned investigations.
- Develop and carry out portions of protocols and processes for collecting, recording, and analyzing data; communicate results and conclusions to team members for review and feedback.
Education and Experience
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or related scientific discipline
- Minimum 4-6 years experience, including graduate or postgraduate research and/or industry experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert in printed electronic and/or PCB device design, layouts and testing
- Expert in CAD design and preferably experience with 3D printing file formats
- Experience with 2D and/or 3D printed electronics approaches and materials
- Strong analytical skills as applied towards solving complex engineering challenges
- Understanding of materials involved within conventional and printed electronics devices
- Programming experience: Matlab, Python, etc.
- Experience with RF devices, antenna design, RFID, NFC and/or Bluetooth communications
- Experience with low power design, integrated sensors, and/or FPGA
- Experience with 3D printing methods, including polymer 3D printing
- Basic nanomaterial inks understanding