As Laboratory Manager, you will:
- Provide guidance and leadership to laboratory supervisors who oversee technical staff members.
- Interact with other discipline directors and managers to ensure smooth operations of the laboratory.
- Manage overall department production and operations.
- Verify test procedures performed meet all company requirements and SOP's.
- Resolve technical problems and ensure that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Ensure competency of all testing personnel in order to perform test procedures and report results promptly, accurately and proficiently.
- Ensure that all laboratory procedures and comprehensive documentation is managed per laboratory SOP's.
- With the assistance of QA and Safety employees, ensure that all operations are compliant with CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and other regulatory standards.
- Oversee all testing disciplines within the laboratory, including chemistry, microbiology, molecular, hematology, blood bank and STAT testing.
- Oversight of other administrative functions affecting laboratory personnel such as hiring, performance management, timekeeping and other such job duties.
- Familiarity with ISO requirements is helpful.
License/Certification/Education: Requires a B.S./B.A. Degree as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Lab Scientist or equivalent w/3-5 years of lab management experience and must meet CLIA requirements. ASCP certification is helpful. Experience working in a mid to high volume lab.
Requisition Number: 18-88458