$80K — $100K *
The Operations Department has an opening for a Labor Scheduling Manager. This position will be located in the Eastern region in Lanham, Maryland.
Position Purpose: The Labor Scheduling Manager will build, review, analyze, develop, and deliver common ABS labor management tools and practices across all divisional retail stores for labor budgeting, scheduling, and results reporting. These tools will assist in meeting the company's labor management goals and business initiatives. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Using newly developed corporate systems, provide by week by store by department labor cost budgets, either by a Period and/or a Quarter for all stores in the respective division on a regular basis. Working with the Area Vice Presidents of Operations, establish the labor cost objectives for all District Managers to achieve, while at the same time maintain or improve customer service and store conditions.
* Recommend new equipment, methods and procedures at store level that could considerably reduce labor expenses.
* Establish business requirements that create simple in-store user functionality of the company's selected labor management tool. Builds, specifies and configures the application setup to parallel the overall labor management business strategies.
* Review and analyze new system software releases of the labor management applications for labor forecasting, department schedule writing and labor management. Provide feedback to corporate Retail Engineering for future development requirements needed from our outside software vendor.
* Utilize engineered labor standards within an electronic work measurement software database, to determine the labor requirements for tasks and activities by job by department to populate databases. Using the tables to determine the "Fixed & Variable" labor factors used for reporting productivity performance & future labor cost budgets by week by store by department.
* Assist in organizing and maintaining a central data repository for all divisional stores, to include equipment quantities, equipment types, physical characteristics (store sizes & fixture lengths), polices & methods, etc., that affect the labor hours at each individual location. Manage the data distribution and refresh processes for new and existing locations. This includes interfaces for ongoing daily and weekly data feeds from POS, distribution centers, DSD and Rx systems.
* Assist in the development, testing, and maintenance of a weekly/periodic Sales and Labor Tracking Tool for the management of productivity and labor expenses at store, district, and division levels to total-up entire company results.
* Partner with the corporate training department in providing training content and material guidelines to create effective user documentation and training strategies.
* Perform other productivity and cost control assignments, as requested by senior management.
* Consults with District Managers, Field Operations and Store Directors regarding: unique facility circumstances: discrepancies in actual labor hours versus standard; potential costs of changes due to competition, remodels, combo or dual branded conversions, customer service levels, etc., while keeping consistency among all stores, districts, areas and divisions.
* Assists Real Estate in projecting payroll expenses and sales mix in their ROI calculations on new store sites, major remodels and combo conversions.
* Serves as a liaison between internal departmental requirements and external support personnel in merchandising, accounting, payroll and construction.
* Conducts training for management trainees yearly in conjunction with the Training department on the Empower Labor Management tool.
* Assists District Managers in the coordination of the store closing process to include all billing follow-up, transfer of product, price zone adjustments on product transferred, and equipment consolidation and shipment, payroll, accruals, scanning retail reduction batch authorizations and final ad programs.
* Consults with Area Vice Presidents Operations on special shrink problems. Summarizes results of the store visits and makes suggestions to correct identified problems with the Area Vice Presidents and District Managers.
Qualifications: * Industrial Engineering Degree / Bachelor Degree or significant equivalent work experience
* Minimum 3 years' experience as a store director position or similar
* Possess excellent PC skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
* Multi-store divisional operations experience desirable
* Above average analytical, organizational, and technical skills
* Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication s to interface with personnel at all levels effectively
* Demonstrated ability to simultaneously focus on a multitude of tasks and prioritize accordingly
* Possess excellent communication skills and ability to interface with Division and Store Management teams.
* Travel Requirements: 30% travel.
Valid through: 4/20/2021