Promotes constructive labor relations by providing leadership, representation, coordination, advice, and support to operations management and human resources staff in all aspects of labor relations, including contract administration, grievance handling, arbitrations, collective bargaining and NLRB unfair labor practice charges. Maintains effective business relationships with unions, legal counsel, and utility industry labor relations contacts.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and client organizations regarding Labor Relations related issues (grievances, contract interpretation, labor law, disciplinary problems, incidents, etc.).
- Conduct research, special studies, investigations, and analyses.
- Participate in company negotiations with labor unions, including general negotiations or memorandums of agreement.
- Develop alternatives and present recommendations to management and influence management decisions.
- Communicate with and educate management and other stakeholders on industry, legal, and business changes.
- Communicate Labor Relations goals and objectives within client groups.
- Proactively identify issues and implement problem solving strategies with clients and staff.
- Partner with clients to meet business goals in support of overall corporate objectives established by Labor Relations.
- Provide recommendations to appropriate management groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource management, Industrial Relations, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Labor Relations, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Project management and leadership skills, including ability to work as a team member.
- Experience with presenting and conducting training sessions.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques, federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
- Research and analysis skills including ability to obtain relevant data, evaluate complex situations, develop creative alternatives, provide recommendations, and negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work with all organizational levels, to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to work tactically and strategically with client partners on labor issues.
- Ability to travel within assigned geographical area, occasionally overnight.
* Labor Relations experience, preferably in a public utility or power industry environment.
* PHR or SPHR Certification.