Salt Lake City, UT
Industry: Business Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days agoby Gary Daugenti
Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for a Labor Relations Manager. Company will relocate.
B.S., Human Resource Management or related field.
minimum of 2-3 years as a Labor Relations Representative with EEO responsibilities Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and ERP software Must have the ability to express one self clearly orally and in writing.
2-3 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Specialize Technical Knowledge and Skills
A thorough knowledge of all of all aspects of the Human Resources field with special emphasis on Federal and State regulations pertaining to labor and employment law. Must possess analytical ability to recognize problems and exercise good judgment in identifying solutions. Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
Develop and foster a thorough knowledge of Human Resources labor and employment law. Establish credibility with both Union and Company leadership in order to effectively achieve solutions to diverse employee relations' problems. Must manage and be in control of a situation rather than controlled by it, in order to maintain a safe, healthy and stable work environment.
Incumbent counsels and trains management and the work force for compliance in all EEO and AAP guidelines in accordance with the labor agreements, corporate policies, and State and Federal regulations.
Investigates and represents the Company in all EEO, NLRB, Industrial Commission proceedings and/or charges and unemployment compensationclaims.
Develop and facilitate orientation, training and development programs to meet Corporate requirements for developing a highly skilled and motivated work force in order to achieve maximum productivity at the lowest cost.
Responsible for providing a safe and healthy work environment where all employees are treated fairly and achieve consistency following Company follows CBA guidelines and all Federal and State Compliance Guidelines. Takes action to prevent harassment/discrimination in the work place thus contributing to the success and profitability of the Company.
All reports are assigned by the Human Resources Manager for the purpose of evaluating labor problems.
o Weekly Labor Report
o Monthly Labor Report
o Negotiation, arbitration, grievance and disciplinary reports are prepared on an as needed basis.
Create and maintain a database of significant employee relation problems. Productively resolve personnel conflict situations within the confines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Corporate policies and all applicable laws. Keep abreast of all upcoming and new developments in the field of Human Resources to prevent Corporate liability.
HR personnel will supply support information for department head positions to support labor relation interpretations and programs. Must ensure consistency of decisions with other programs and departments, as well as historic Company practices.
Responsibility and Decision Making Authority
Determine and implement solutions to all labor problems that fall within the confines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Corporate policies.
Decisions requiring policy making and procedures are deferred in part to Human Resources Manager or discussion prior to implementation.
Provides contractual interpretations and implementation of Labor Relations programs for the Manager of Operations and immediate staff.
Serves as Counselor on all Human Resources Issues. Assists Human Resources Manager on all Human Resource matters as assigned.
Employee & Labor Relations
• Responsible for responding to concerns, including complex investigations to workplace policies, procedures and compliance with company external requirements in an effort to reduce company-wide risk and contribute to productivity, motivation and morale while instilling and maintaining our culture and values.
• Make recommendations and partners closely with the HR Business partner team to implement proactive employee relations strategies and initiatives to drive employee retention and engagement.
• Conduct complex investigations involving highly sensitive matters including harassment, discrimination, retaliation and other work-related matter to document findings and make recommendations on appropriate actions.
• Provides ongoing coaching, development, and training to business leaders to ensure positive employee relations and communications consistent with company values and work environment expectations.
• Serves as active participant or Project Leader for HR Strategic Initiatives or team projects in order to drive improved business results through increased productivity, retention and engagement of workforce.
• Clarify and respond to individual questions and concerns regarding conditions of employment.
• Responsible for labor contract negotiations.
• Ensure agency obligations under applicable bargaining unit agreements are met, and that appropriate training and direction is provided to agency management in an effort to operate effectively in a union environment.
• Responsible for second and third step grievances and arbitrations.