DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Expert knowledge regarding the Kronos Workforce Central Time and Attendance platform, which may include Attestation, Mobile, Geo-fencing, Global time off requests, scheduling and Attendance.
- Creates and maintains matrix for Pay Rules and Work Rules.
- Maintains the End Client’s strategic Kronos product roadmap.
- Work closely with business leaders, HR and stakeholders to document business requirements and provide overall guidance for optimal use of the tool.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing and post go-live validation.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of Kronos test scripts, including regression testing.
- Manage vendor relationships and interactions in conjunction with FIS team.
- Effectively translate data analytics to leadership in status updates.
- Work closely with change management, communications and learning teams to develop an overall strategy for Kronos training and job aides.
CULTURE AND PERKS
The End Client is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization serving and supported by the community. Based in Columbus, Ohio, it is a family of 28, associates, physicians and volunteers, across hospitals, health and surgery centers, hospice, home health, medical equipment and other health services throughout Ohio. Truven Health Analytics names the End Client as one of the top 15 best health systems in America.Theyalso has been recognized by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in since 2007.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience using Kronos time and attendance
- Experience w/ Kronos Workforce Central products Attestation, Global Time-Off
- Must be analytical, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Ability to present material to leaders of the organization
- Bachelordegree in Information Systems, HR, Business Administration or related
- Project management experience
- Leadership experience
Salary for this position ranges from $60K-$90K