The main goal of the Laboratory Solutions Specialist (LSS) is to win the ‘Lab Vote’ in Acquisition Targets. The Laboratory Solutions Specialist (LSS) will be responsible for increasing core laboratory instrument system placements and growing core laboratory market share by serving and leading technical selling efforts in targeted accounts within their respective territory assignment.
Through the comprehension of the needs and expectations of the customer, the LSS will develop, manage and execute a compelling strategy that aligns with the business and sales objectives and drives profitable growth.
The LSS will lead the sales organization in complex consultative selling engagements where laboratory work flow analysis and future work flow redesign may be required. The LSS will work with all levels of the sales organization to build and execute strategies for positioning optimum core laboratory solutions.
The LSS will be accountable for meeting sales goals and expense budgets. The LSS will actively participate in the development and execution of the following commercial activities:
In summary, the LSS is ultimately accountable for winning Acquisition decisions in target accounts by winning the Laboratory Vote for Abbott. Key activities include but are not limited to:
Core Job Responsibilities
Support the implementation and development of the Strategic Account Management (SAM) Process: The LSS will be responsible, as a member of the Core Teams, for:
The LSS will develop engaging discussions with the customer in order to gain insights and become a trusted consulting partner. The LSS is required to actively participate in each of the activity components of the SAM Process.
Ultimately the LSS’s required delivery to the SAM process is the LAB VOTE and positive differential in the technical scoring.
Execute Solution Design: The LSS will be responsible for:
Position Complete Solutions: The LSS will be accountable for supplying a customized solution that serves the customers’ needs and impacts the entire ecosystem in a quantified manner. The LSS is the primary presenter for the solution ensuring all communications (presentations, RFP response, etc.) follow the Strategic Selling principle of “Them-Us-Difference –Fit-Difference-Proof”. As a part of the above, the LSS is ultimately responsible for establishing / agreeing appropriate decision / RFP criteria with the customer. It is important to note the proposed solutions could range from products to platforms for all lines of business, and include additional partnerships with third party suppliers to support services which complete the desired customer solution.
Drive Customer Loyalty: The LSS is expected to establish themselves as a “trusted advisor” for laboratory ecosystem solutions and develop meaningful long term relationship with the customers. Once the business is gained, the LSS should continue to reinforce the trust by following up with the account on the proposed plans and continuously asking for insight to confirm that the solution implemented is meeting the customer’s needs.
Support Commercial Training: As the subject matter expert on laboratory instrument solutions, the LSS will be responsible for developing and driving the appropriate training for the commercial teams.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Minimum 5-8(+) years sales experience. Laboratory sales and technical experience is required. Sales experience from medical diagnostics manufacturers and/or healthcare systems corporations, also acceptable.
· English and Spanish fluency is required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication (including presentation) skills, are musts..
· In-depth knowledge of hospital laboratory operations & Informatics.
· Experience working in IA/CC and Hematology equipment market is desirable, transferable Informatics knowledge is an acceptable alternative.
· Four (4) year university degree is required. A degree in Commerce, Science or Medical Technology is preferred.
· The LSS will have 5-8(+) years of professional experience and 2-4(+) years related diagnostics industry experience, in some combination of sales, consulting, project management, leadership, and/or lab administration. Team leadership experience is required.
· The LSS will also have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the laboratory/Informatics industry, or similar in-depth exposure as a laboratory scientist/Informatics lead or consultant working in the diagnostics/Informatics field. This is critical so they have the experience and credibility to lead the internal team and customers to implement their recommendation.
· Willingness and ability to travelinternationally (USA, Central & South America, and Caribbean) 50% of the time is a requirement.
· Must be sensitive to - and have strong working knowledge of - multicultural environments.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel (i.e. formulas, pivot tables, data manipulation, etc.), PowerPoint is required. Visio experience a plus.
Skills/Specialized Knowledge, Certification, Licenses, etc:
· Lean Six Sigma Certification a plus