To develop, manage, and establish policies and procedures for service, continuity of service, and the reliability of laboratory information across a defined geographic area. The geographic area of responsibility includes several separate Medical Facility laboratories that provide regional laboratory services, routine and statistics testing, patient services, and urgent care laboratory services. To manage laboratories to ensure laboratories are in compliance with professional standards, regional guidelines, regulatory licensing requirements, and safety regulations. To supervise the Medical Facility Laboratory Supervisors and Laboratory Supervisors of Regional Services in their geographic areas of responsibility. To provide guidance and establish a mentor role with Laboratory supervisors.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a service delivery strategy that provides timely laboratory information that supports the physician and provider in providing quality care.
- Manages laboratory services and insures continuity of service that meets or exceeds the expectation of physicians, providers, and patients.
- Provides effective communication and planning with service area operations groups regarding service strategies.
- Manages and maintains the payroll, no payroll, and capital equipment budgets within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Develops, establishes, and insures implementation of all technical and service policies, standards, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience are required.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a Supervisor or Manager position are required.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related field is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent certification required.
- Experience with CAP, COLA, and HFCA Inspections.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, chemical safety, accrediting requirements, and data analysis is required.
- Knowledge in most or all lab subspecialties is required.
- Knowledge of government regulations/regulatory compliance is required.
- Knowledge of scientific methods, QA/continuous quality improvement, statistics, instrument function, and infection control.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Professional affiliation is preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Rockville,Rockville Regional Laboratory 6111 Executive Blvd.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 9:00 AM
Working Hours End: 5:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category: Laboratory
Department: Regional Laboratory Rockville
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.