The Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard Team is looking for an R&D Lab Manager to manage and provide leadership to the R&D Laboratory Team in an effort to develop and support the Thin Film product lines. This is to include Window Film, Auto and Architectural, as well as Safety Film products. The laboratory facility team shall support the development of new and continuously improving products and processes which can be continually introduced as required for Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard’s sustainable growth strategy. The Lab Manager and Team shall focus all team efforts to support the voice of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard’s customers regarding product performance and continuously improving quality standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Manages the laboratory resources, both equipment and Laboratory Technician personnel. This consists of the following responsibilities:
- Making sure that the laboratory environment meets the highest safety standards.
- Directly manage 3-4 laboratory technician staff in support of all Thin Film projects.
- Distributes the tasks to its team members.
- Makes sure that the work delivered meets the expectations.
- Prepare syntheses of the results obtained to be reported to senior management or peers in the organization.
- Maintains existing equipment.
- Manage administrative controls, including ISO Quality System, to ensure that Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard products and development teams follow appropriate procedures which include writing and updating the ISO standard associated with the equipment in the laboratory.
- Develops Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard experimental and analytical skills.
- Develops a network of partner labs to outsource activities which cannot be done within the Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard laboratory.
- Develops expertise on analytical tools to provide guidance to the organization on the relevant analysis to be performed to address technical issues.
- Identifies, proposes and acquires the relevant equipment to develop Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard activity in the lab.
- Subject matter expert for chemistry-related topics at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard.
- Uses his/her analytical skills to contribute to the different development projects of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard.
- Provides chemical expertise to support the continuous improvement of production, and to support the formulation of new adhesives and coatings for Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Solar Gard.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Chemistry or Materials Engineering) or a related technical field.
- 5+ years’ experience in the coating formulations, solvent coating and laminating industry, preferably with experience in the deposition of coatings and adhesive thin films in roll-to-roll coating by wet coating.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the chemistry and the formulation of UV cured hard coats, laminating adhesives or pressure sensitive adhesives.
- Must be knowledgeable in the manufacturing process of wet chemical coatings, in its applications and testing.
- Experience in product development in optically clear films. Knowledge of UV curing systems and formulation is a plus.
- Excellent project management and communication (oral & written) skills.
- Proficient in commonly used software programs (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Good organization skills.
- Proficient in data recording and documentation.
- Strong analytical thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to travel as needed.
Reference : 555874