Why is This a Great Opportunity?Lab Manager - QA/QC - Trona, CA
Excellent high desert/mountainous location for the outdoors type without the expense of the crowded coastal areas of California located in the Bakersfield / Ridgecrest / Mojave area. In this very large 500+ person inorganics production facility you will be responsible for providing management and technical expertise on large and complex engineering and construction projects through all phases of project development and execution. Responsible for leading, organizing and managing project engineers, technicians and staff who design, develop, construct and implement engineering projects. You will supervise 5 direct and a total group of about 20 will report to the VP-Operations. Job DescriptionQualifications:
- BS chemistry or chemical engineering required.- 3+ years experience with analytical methods, data interpretation and relevant statistical analysis of results.- Minimum 5 years of experience in Laboratory Management/Supervision- Must understand efficient laboratory organization and operation, including sample flow through the laboratory and daily sample output.- ISO9000 auditor certification required.- Basic knowledge of inorganic chemistry strongly preferred.- Knowledge of Global GMP preferred.- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent experience preferred. The candidate should have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. Strong analytical, verbal and writing skills are required. Candidate must be skilled in data analysis, statistical methods and be familiar with scientific instrument software. Must have a working knowledge of manufacturing and quality operations.
Seeking experienced and motivated candidates for the position of Laboratory Manager-QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control). The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of internal and external quality systems that ensure compliance with both internal and external customer requirements and expectations. The scope of responsibility includes a QA group, control lab, a specialty lab for proprietary chemistry and analysis, a certified environmental lab function and three satellite labs. Within this organizational framework responsibilities include laboratory performance and productivity including equipment, supplies, staffing, training, software and documentation. Compliance with applicable state and federal regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
Provide management and technical guidance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the analytical laboratory operation.
- Provide leadership and training to laboratory operations personnel.
- Ensure accurate evaluation, interpretation, and verification of data (samples, calibration, and quality control) for analyses performed in the laboratory.
- Be the main customer contact point for resolution of technical issues and quality issues.
- Lead budgeting and planning efforts for laboratory function.
Review, recommend and implement new or enhanced laboratory methods, practices and equipment.
- Lead lab analytical and research techniques and innovations.
- Develop, standardize, and document lab processes to optimize efficiency of analyses and reporting.
- Ensure accuracy and statistical rigor of analytical results.
- Develop lab asset replacement plan and coordinate acquisition of new equipment.
- Provide/ensure preventative maintenance for instrumentation in the laboratory.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the lab and company.
Develop and oversee an effective Quality Assurance/Quality Management system to continuously identify opportunities for improvement while maintaining adherence external customer quality specifications and requirements.
? Provide reporting for all finished products to internal and external customers for specified compliance.
? Assist with specification reviews, environmental/regulatory surveys, MSDS, to address customer issues.
- Determine, negotiate and agree on quality procedures, standards and specifications with customers? representatives and internal business product management executives and facility managers.
- Manage the internal and external customer complaint management and reporting systems.
Support regulatory compliance and help solve customer and operations quality issues.
- Maintain expertise on all quality topics including but not limited to document control, training and quality incident reporting for the lab.
- Manage ISO9001 Quality System and other quality certifications as well as create, control and distribute Company Product information such as Technical Bulletins, Foreign & Domestic SDS, and technical compliance documentation.
- Support plant personnel and engineers with analytical data to help maintain and improve plant performance.
- Possess knowledge of lab processes, chemical analyses, analytical practices and techniques, documentation, interpretation and publication of results.
- Must be ?hands-on? and willing to ?roll up sleeves? and work at all levels of organization as circumstances require.
- Able to support plants which are in continuous operation.
- Must be familiar with analytical instrumentation including GC, ICPOES, NMR, IC, UV-VIS spectroscopy, titration and auto-titrator theory and operation, pH testing, specific gravity, particle size testing, and other wet chemistry methods and sample preparation and analyses.
- Must be able to interact with external customers, sales and marketing and internal customers, while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to coach, manage, change and facilitate team performance.
- Strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting and effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Experience with instrumentation calibration methods, development of analyst training/testing programs.
- MUST be US Citizen or Perm Resident