As the Laboratory Manager, you will be required to direct, lead, and control the laboratory activities and testing services of our full service Petroleum Laboratory. This position will work business hours but will be available on off hours to provide direction as needed.
- The Lab manager will oversee Quality Management, Health, Safety,
- Environmental Compliance, Legal and Ethical Compliance, and Training
- Renders to clients an accurate, rapid, and efficient testing service of
- indisputable integrity
- Ensures that adequate equipment and staff are available for all jobs
- Collaborates with the Branch Manager, manages laboratory employee
- performance and maintains an effective work group.
- Seeks new business and is a positive representative to clients
- Ensure that the laboratory contributes to a fair and reasonable profit for
- the Branch.
- 8 + years of experience in the petroleum industry
- BA or BS preferred in Chemistry or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of laboratory experience
- 5 years Petroleum lab and/or Refinery experience
- Understanding of the significance of the data generated by test methods
- Experience with LIMS, industry specific Databases and MS Office
- Solid leadership experience and ability to the manage staff to achieve the
- required level of quality with testing, training, safety and financial goals of
- the office.
- Experience and knowledge with ICP / ICPMS (Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass
- Spectrometry) and GC/GCMS (Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry)