Manage battery test facility to support qualification and testing of lead acid batteries. Oversee the electrical, mechanical, and life testing of batteries. Enhance lab testing and characterization capabilities to meet existing and future standards.
- Ensure proper level of staffing, training, and resource coordination to effectively address daily routine laboratory activities; prioritize testing based on business objectives.
- Analyze test data and communicate test related information directly with engineering and appropriate end users as needed.
- Overall management of engineering lab personnel, equipment, and facility to provide safe, secure, and clean work environment for testing operations.
- Ensure testing operations are completed in accordance with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Reviews test methods required by standards and develops procedures as needed to provide repeatable test practices.
- Manage multiple testing projects simultaneously, develop test protocols, and write formal test reports.
- Work with internal and external personnel to maintain test equipment, data handling, data traceability, and lab infrastructure.
Performance of responsibilities occurs generally in a laboratory devoted to the development and testing of lead-acid batteries, and includes working directly with lead-acid batteries and their components, battery charging and test equipment in the laboratory and with potentially harmful voltages and currents. It requires use of standard lab tools and office equipment (telephone, personal computer, printer, photocopy machine), and the ability to handle large batteries and to lift 75 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- High competency with MS Office applications
- Strong knowledge of data analysis techniques, including basic statistical methods
- BS in related physical science or engineering program preferred.
- 5+ years’ technical experience; lab experiencepreferred
- Some supervisory experience