The Jackson Laboratory is seeking a Programmer/Analyst with solid experience in designing, implementing, and supporting research systems used across several dozen laboratories at multiple sites in the organization. The ideal candidate will work as part of a value-stream aligned Agile team to define, create, and adapt research data structures, and define systems integrations to meet the rapidly growing and highly integrated needs of laboratory service groups.
- Lead evolutionary design based on product roadmap requirements, standard patterns for consistent user experience and enterprise data modeling, and consistent configuration patterns to deliver effective business value.
- Recommend and prototype solution options based on requirements to provide effective user experience while minimizing technical debt and administrative overhead.
- Champion continuous improvement and a learning culture in personal work, the team's work, the platform landscape, and user experience.
- Research and evaluate new products and services for applicability to in-house needs. Stay current with new trends and emerging information technologies and informatics tools; advocate for and lead the adoption of these technologies at JAX.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required and a minimum of three years of work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the development and support of applications with medium to major complexity and cross-functional scope.
- Demonstrated ability to lead design sessions with decision makers, other Scrum Team members, system owners and end users.
- Demonstrated ability to convert designs into user-accepted solutions through teamwork.
- Proficiency in system engineering processes; business process, requirements, analysis and related modeling tools, standards, and assigned application domain areas.
- Sustained experience demonstrating Agile values and using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to write and maintain streamlined, effective technical and program documentation.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholder teams to analyze and recommend functional optimizations and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both technical and functional.)
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN) or Scientific Data Management Systems (SDMS) preferred.