Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Enterprise Network, Communications and Collaboration Services Department has an opening for a Lab Configuration Engineer. This position is located in Livermore, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and manage processes to ensure that labs are set-up, tested and ready for use.
- Monitor and manage to organizational service levels and key performance indicators.
- Maintain and manage processes to schedule and track project team usage of labs.
- Proactively monitor projects across project lifecycle to understand Lab needs.
- Proactively coordinate provisioning activities with IT Support.
- Partner with Support Organizations to ensure that production processes for Change, Incident, Configuration and Asset Management are used in the management of labs.
- Provide support for new project setup, access control, and troubleshooting for lab hardware, software, application, configuration and data.
- May evaluate tools or modify automated testing systems for procedural or standard changes.
- May review test plans written by others to ensure that lab configurations meet requirements.
- Gather requirements for and coordinate the ordering of all lab equipment.
- Maintain a repeatable process to capture documentation, end-to-end change, and version control to easily reassemble components to agreed baselines.
- Provides recommendations that may result from the identification of development defects.
- Provides feedback on defects to developers.
- Recommends redevelopment activities or provides approval for change implementations.
- Contribute to the development of formal procedures and auditing that directly support company compliance with legal, regulatory and company policy requirements (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, HIPPA, other legislation and internal change management).
- 4-yeardegree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- Experience with building, deploying and validating readiness for hardware, operating systems, applications and configurations.
- Experience in the development, documentation and management of processes.
- Experience in problem resolution
- Experience with large/complex infrastructure and software configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools. MS Project, Visio and Excel is a plus.
- Organizational and project management (planning/tracking/reporting) abilities across multiple initiatives.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated the ability to build strong working relationship at all levels within the business and IT.
- Flexibility to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment with the ability to work effectively in situations of high ambiguity.
- Demonstrate conflict management skills.
- Experience with Retail Point of Sale Systems preferred.
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Windows Server and Windows Virtualization preferred.
- Previous experience in lab configuration and lab environment management is a plus.
- 2+ years' experience in test management including infrastructure/project development preferred.
- Knowledge of network design, implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting for production systems.
- Ability to create/modify scripts and automation tools to streamline and enhance process is a plus.
- Pharmacy PDX/EPS environment -- hardware and software.
- Point of contact for issue resolution with project team and testers.