Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think abouttechnology. TD’stechnology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era inbankingdoes not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Canada Trust is TD’s customer-focused personal and small business banking business. Serving more than 11 million customers nationally, TD Canada Trust provides a full range of financial products and services through its branch bankingnetwork, telephone, internet banking, and ‘TD Green Machine’ automated banking machines.
Canadian Banking and Wealth ManagementTechnology Solutions (CB&W TS) is responsible for the technologyportfolio across TD’s Canadian Retail and Wealth businesses. Our teams deliver innovative solutions for:
- Wealth – managing your finances and helping you grow your wealth over your life
- Business & Commercial Banking – from small businesses cash and credit needs to large corporate commercial transaction financing
- Personal Banking – deposit accounts, mortgages, personal loans, savings and investing, and debit and credit cards
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
A technologyportfolio leadership role, the Sr Manager L3 Support & Maintenance mandate is responsible for the technology operations and leadership of the L3 Support & Maintenance team within Personal BankingTechnology.
We are looking for someone to transform our business relationships with assigned clients, internal partners, and provide best in class direction and guidance on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. The position is responsible for a team of IT professionals who are vital to ensuring that critical technology platforms perform to business expectation, are rock solid in terms of performance and stability and protect our customers from service disruption; you and your team are the guardians for the largest of the crown jewels within TD’s technology stack
Critical role elements:
- Accountable Sr Manager for the L3 Support & Maintenance Portfolio within PB Technology Solutions which includes: IT strategy and associated roadmap, project delivery including solution architecture & design supported by segment architecture, operational stability and scalability
- Define strategy and priorities for the L3 Support & Maintenance PortfolioTechnology in alignment with Business Target State/Strategy and Enterprise TS Strategy
- Ensure strong financial oversight through end to end management of technology costs: delivery/project execution cost management, maintenance and run costs during planning, forecasting ensuring Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is determined, reconciling with regularly maintained team capacity plan
- Primary contact / relationship point person for the L3 Support & Maintenance Portfolio ; escalation point for execution and production issues
- Drive quality, consistency and reduce cost of developing and maintaining IT assets while improving overall delivery capability – drive agility into program delivery
- Proactively manage risk and compliance for the L3 Support & Maintenance Portfolio
- Provide thought leadership and innovation with regards to technology trends and their impact on both business and technologyportfolio
- Develop and drive tech ops transformation roadmap to modernize group operations
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduatedegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, platforms, services) and managing/directing teams and projects.
- Expert knowledge in technologyarchitecture, solution design, software construction and solution delivery
- Expert knowledge in support & maintenance technology operations, application management within a production environment for large, multinational, and or complex organizations
- Expert working knowledge of DevOps and change management practices within complex multiplatform environments
- Past experience within financial services operations and technologypreferred
- Willingness, motivation and ability to set work direction at an operational level, work autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborate with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium- to longer-term business perspective.
- Ability to lead and transform a sizeable and varied team of technology professionals (e.g., up to 50+ consisting of Application Developers, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Specialists, and/or Project Managers) in an integrator role, covering end-to-end delivery of complex projects, system enhancements / applications and/or application or service management.
- Comfortable and capable of supporting a significant business area, product group, enterprise platform, service or capability under a segment CIO or technology functional area.
- Readiness to direct or manage large-scale applications and projects across multiple product lines and businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Understanding of strategic direction (including financials) and champions alliances to benefit TD and/or department; advocates for operational improvements to enhance the division’s value to the organization.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.