Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’sMission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Who are we looking for?
- Experienced Unix Sys Admins. You know you're good and have the track record to prove it.
- You've worked in large organizations. You laugh and slightly experience PTSD when someone says "global" or "standardized".
- You’re not a know it all. You like to work, learn, and collaborate with others.
- You go against the tide. You speak up and voice your opinion in all situations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years’ experience in System Administration of Linux/UNIX systems in a large environment
- Strong understanding of network services (DNS, HTTP, SNMP)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of security tools and protocols (e.g. SSH, SSL, TCPwrapper, nmap, COPS, Tripwire, etc.)
- Understanding of basic network concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality
- Strong experience with server bare metal hardware in large datacenters including enterprise storage systems
- Experience with PXE booting Linux Based OS installs
- Strong understanding on LVM, x86 hardware knowledge, Hardware/OS RAID concepts and familiar with Linux OS recovery process.
- Understanding of VMware knowledge and Virtual/Physical servers / OS concepts and differences.
- Willingness to closely adhere to audit and compliance standards and requirements
Other skills you will need
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and accustomed to searching out best practices and solutions while adding to the team's knowledge
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
- Demonstrative written and verbal communication skills to audiences with a wide variety of technical knowledge
- Very strong troubleshooting skills towards root cause analysis and practical issue resolution
Extra Bonus Points
- Familiarity with security vulnerability response and working with multiple teams and applications to remediate
- Debugging traffic flows from Linux Based systems
- Hardware and OS Driver Troubleshooting for Linux Based Systems
- Experience using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) to deploy and configure environments
- Experience working with agile development teams and DevOps