AIG is seeking a Leader with strong experience in Architecture, Software Engineering and transformation efforts. The Leader will manage a team to create enterprise solutions that are well designed for performance and scale for the Life and Retirement organization. These solutions will need to not only provide Architecture and Software but the documentation and training that will be needed to help transition teams to modern software development best practices. The candidate will be part of a high-performing Solution Development organization responsible for architecting and developing strategic solutions which lead to the rapid enablement of various business capabilities. These capabilities will be built on and extended Life & Retirement’s Digital Business Platform and Data Integration Hub. These strategic assets enable us to creates a single authoritative view of the business, enabling common APIs, providing a layer of separation between our complex data sources and our data consumers; thereby, providing each data layer to evolve independently.
Location: This position can be located in Farmington, CT, Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX
Your contribution at AIG
The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company’s success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization’s objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG’s future.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership and guidance to Software Engineers and Architects
- Ability to influence CxO leadership and motive leaders and resources across the division
- Ensure adherence to cross functional / L&R strategic direction
- Accountable for large cross functional technical deliverables
Analysis and Design of Application Interfaces & Integrations
- Architect, design, construct, and implement large strategic solutions based on various technologies.
Define and/or collaborate on Domain Strategies.
- Work closely with various teams across L&R to achieve company business objectives while delivering the solutions with a contemporary technology set
- Collaborate with other technology teams and infrastructure architects to define and develop solutions.
Lead/mentor architects and software engineers in setting technical direction.
- Research and explore the market place to experiment with emerging technologies and tools as needed
- Work with the team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development and architecture processes and best-practices.
- Support the development of Business Strategies through advocacy of business’ needs, stake holders, and market understanding.
- Develop close relationships based on trust and delivery with key partners across the Consumer division with both the technical and business members.
- Develop Transformation roadmaps, providing a step by step guide to help onboard divisions, teams and resources onto new technology stacks and ways of developing software.
What we are looking for
- Strong Executive presence
- Experience within the Annuities and Life Insurance and financial services industry
- Proven experience of influencing technical outcomes and driving business outcomes
- Excellent technical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiencies with Agile development practices.
- Proficiencies in Business capabilities
- Experience with Architecture modeling and management tools
- Experience with Component Reference Diagrams, Use Cases and establishment of Enterprise Reference Architectures.
- Experience with or management resources in the Quality Engineering space – a plus
- Experience and knowledge of large scale insurance administration platforms (Accenture, CSC, etc)
- Experience with of ACORD
- Experience with TOGAF (preferably TOGAF Certification)
- Ability to clearly articulate best practices and standards to software engineers, developers and architects and other managers / leaders
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsserves, Microsites and cloud native development experience
- Hands on experience with NodeJS, MVC.Net, .NetCore, Java or JSB – 10+ years
Background and experience desired:
- The position calls for a seasoned IT professional with senior leadership qualities and background with a minimum of 10 years’ leadership experience in IT.
- 10+ years of experience building and managing complex enterprise scale solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of experience in the IT Industry.
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Opportunity to travel to other worldwide AIG locations
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage