What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring that the assigned business unit policies, procedures and practices align with BOTW 1st line of defense Op Risks and Compliance requirements.
Acts as a resource for questions and issues arising from operations procedures, and bank requirements related to the bank’s KYC policies. Acts as a coordinator for CBD’s Customer Acceptance Committee.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews and documents customer files for escalation to the Customer Acceptance Committee (CAC).
2. Ensures complete documentation and assembles customer files for the Customer Acceptance Committee review and communicates CAC decisions to the line of business.
3. To Implement procedures/policies and make sure of their compliance with1st LOD requirements. Is knowledgeable about industry best practices and systems and BNPP Global KYC Policy as it relates to KYC Operations.
4. To identify and report escalation alerts on issues related to KYC compliance.
5. Identifies and reports/escalation alerts on issues related to Compliance, Operational Risk.
6. Disseminates all Compliance information and requirements.
7. Maintains current knowledge of related banking activities, and operational risk management and regulatory compliance requirements for financial institutions. Attends professional seminars and participates in Bank operational risk management and regulatory compliance forums.
8. Assists in developing and maintaining department policies and procedures in support of the Bank's Integrated Operational Risk Framework and/or industry best practices.
9. Assists with the testing of new specialized systems or systems upgrades.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· 5 years of experience
· Good knowledge of banking operational risk management and industry practices
· Good knowledge of banking and related laws and regulations
· Good knowledge of bank operations activities, from both a branch and centralized function aspect
· Experience in developing, writing, and communicating policies and procedures helpful
· Prior audit or regulatory compliance experience helpful
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.