- Assist News Director with supervisory responsibility for all news broadcasts and online content.
- Involved in hiring and performance management of direct reports.
- Assist News Director in the on-going evaluation of personnel.
- Create tactics and strategies to increase demos performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
- Implement and have working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations.
- Ability to manage cross platform content creation and distribution.
- Write copy and edit scripts for air and web.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station websites.
- Schedule anchors and multi-media journalists.
- Lead coverage planning of elections, and other major special events.
- Proactively communicate news initiatives across departments.
- Evaluate workflow efficiencies.
- Assist News Director in managing the budgetary aspects of newsroom operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certification
- At least 5 years of News Manager experience.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.