AS A SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, YOU WILL...
- Screen, evaluate, and provide speech-language therapy for students with identified speech-language impairments; Document student performance;
- Provide support to student support team (SST)/response to intervention (RTI) processes;
- Provide case management of speech-only caseload;
- Monitor compliance for speech-only case managers;
- Monitor compliance with regulations;
- Instruct students/families in the use of appropriate communication technologies (specifically alternative augmentative communication devices) for the purpose of minimizing the adverse educational impact of communication disorders and improving student success in the classroom;
- Maintain files and/or records, e.g. progress reports, activity logs, treatment plans, reports, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of information as required for reference and/or compliance;
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information.
- This is a virtual position.
- Master's degree in speech language pathology AND
- Three (3) years of speech/language work experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Kansas Speech-Language Pathology license and/or teaching certificate
- Highly knowledgeable about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements
- Thorough knowledge and skill in conducting/interpreting comprehensive speech-language evaluations
- Thorough knowledge and skill in providing speech-language therapy services
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to plan and deliver speech-language services to children
- Ability to create and deliver staff development
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer Software: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 20% of time for meetings, professional development, etc.
- Ability to pass background check requirements
- Knowledge/experience with virtual classrooms