Founded in 2007, Markon Solutions is a nationally recognized consulting firm headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia. With employees in seven states and overseas, we support the intelligence community, defense and civilian sectors, as well as commercial clients. Markon is committed to advancing clients through project management and business improvement services offered in a premiere, highly personal environment.
Join our winning team! We empower our employees to make decisions and encourage them to take on leadership roles. New ideas from employees are also encouraged. Markon is a place where you can truly demonstrate your capabilities to your full potential. We are consistently named a Washington Post Top Workplace and Best Place to Work in Virginia because we put our employees first. Markon offers an exceptional benefits package that ranks in the top tier of our industry.
Markon Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Markon Solutions is seeking a Knowledge Manager to support one of our Intelligence Community customers. This individual will assist the government with asset management strategy and provide knowledge management expertise across organizational divisions for data analytics, dashboard creation, requirements development and coordination, and collaborative tools to effectively use and manage enterprise real property information.
- Coordinate with branch leadership in strategy development and implementation of enterprise knowledge management collaborative tools and other key initiatives. Support branch integration, process synchronization with the goal of aligning and improving processes and procedures for effective asset management.
- Coordinate daily with knowledge managers, audit preparation personnel, real property officers, branch managers, project managers, and design managers to provide solutions and products focusing on three central goals of the Production Control Team: Performance Management, Governance, and Customer Interface. Attend Knowledge Management Team meetings and provide expert support and recommendations from multiple stakeholder perspectives.
- Oversee and improve the services and systems that the organization as a whole use to interface with their customers. Monitor and maintain customer interface facets that will provide transparency and accountability. Review and tailor processes to ensure they align to an effective asset management framework.
- Develop practical and intelligent tools and programs (via databases and shared environments) to provide leadership, decision makers, and customers information in real time. Provide guidance on strategic direction to ensure operational effectiveness, proficiency, and alignment to internal controls. Provide data, metrics, and input on respective project performance across the division.
- Support financial processes and policies at branch/division levels via efficient, customer focused, and audit compliant methods. Drive audit compliance across division, through project cradle-to-grave spectrum, from minor expense projects to capitalized full renovations.
- Train and rotate regularly with other knowledge management team members to achieve a full understanding of project management and document control, standard operating procedures, and program processes across the division. Periodically attend project site visits to project locations working hand in hand with project managers to learn and improve project processes. Prioritize interchangeability with knowledge managers to provide customer with various state-of-the-art knowledge management services, intelligent products, and forward-thinking methods.
- Administer, Catalogue and Store all existing and new as-built project documents.
- Update and maintain project data backup library.
- Provide support to project closeouts and audits.
- Support designers, engineers, project managers and facilities personnel with existing documents, data, and drawings for project design.
- TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience, or 10 years with no degree
Desired Experience With:
- Service Central Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Tableau, SharePoint, ARCHIBUS, Excel, databases, and developing standard operating procedures