Title: Knowledge Management Manager
Location: Durham, NC 27712
Initially, a substantial focus of this role will be on working with manufacturing sites to help develop and execute Knowledge Management plans.
The Knowledge Management (KM) Center of Excellence (CoE) is externally recognized as a thought leader in the biopharmaceutical industry and in Knowledge Management across different industries. Working in the KM CoE provides the opportunity to drive innovation, continuous improvement and transformational change leadership in how our Manufacturing Division works. The work of the KM CoE also provides the opportunity for interaction and visibility across a wide range of functional areas and the opportunity to learn about products across their entire lifecycle.
As a member of the KM CoE, this role will contribute to the core work of the CoE through a variety of means such as developing standard work, identifying new KM capabilities and sharing best practices across our Manufacturing Division.
You will be expected to be fluent in various KM methodologies and stay current through research and benchmarking. This role will require a significant amount of facilitation and energy to lead groups through workshops and meetings.
For this exciting new opportunity, we seek candidates with an entrepreneurial and learning spirit who are interested in a career of purpose, personal growth and leadership. Working together, we will make a significant impact on the health and lives of people around the world.
What you will do:
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation and leadership to carry out the following:
· Supports the deployment of KM across our manufacturing sites and functional groups
· Ensures that KM activities align with the vision, mission, and goals of our Manufacturing Division.
· Seeks opportunities where knowledge capture, seeking, sharing and leveraging can add value to the enterprise, in alignment with business objectives, and makes recommendations to the business.
· Drives development and realization of business cases for KM project. Responsible for the design and implementation of the KM projects prioritized by the business. Acts as change agent for realization.
· Facilitates large groups for KM workshops, diagnostics and/or strategy sessions.
· Leverages Lean/Six-Sigma, change management and similar techniques to understand business problems and define viable solutions
· Responsible for development and implementation of metrics regarding effectiveness of KM implementation and progress towards realization.
· Models, coaches, and advocates for use of standardize KM approaches across the division.
· Provides KM thought leadership gained through projects, research, and benchmarking activities from both internal as well as external opportunities.
· Consults and advises in diverse business areas to provide KM expertise to the Division.
· Develops requirements for IT tools and monitors the effectiveness and use of IT tools and systems as they apply to KM and suggest improvements.
· Ability to flex and flow to unanticipated business needs, successfully manage ambiguous projects, and take a hands-on role in any of the above to deliver desired outcomes
What skills you will need:
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
· Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and or commercialization environment.
· Pharmaceutical Product and Process Experience (Biologics/Pharma):
Understanding of pharmaceutical product lifecycle phases including typical types of product and process knowledge must be in one or more of the following: GMP manufacturing, Technical Operations, Commercialization, or Process Development.
· Business Consulting Experience: Preferably in KM approaches but related fields such as strategy development, lean six-sigma, business process design, business analysis are helpful. Includes business acumen required to understand and relate to relevant business strategy.
· Leadership: Well-developed leadership skills (strategic thinking, high emotional intelligence, negotiator, agent of change, effective communicator, skilful listener and application of inclusion principles, agile and adaptive).
· Project Management Experience: Ability to develop and manage project plans, risk, mitigation, action logs and timelines.
· Customer focus: Ability to elicit requirements and anticipate customer needs, at both operational and strategic levels, and ability to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations; ability to coach others.
· Facilitation: Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate workshops, meetings, and/or large or small groups to drive successful outcomes (both virtual and in person).
· KM principles and methodologies: First-hand experience in KM principles and methodologies is desirable, such as: knowledge mapping, taxonomy, lessons learned, after action review (AAR), Communities of Practice (CoP), content management, tacit knowledge capture. An understanding of KM-related regulatory guidance is beneficial (e.g. ICH guidelines).
Valid through: 3/19/2021
$100K — $150K