Key Account Manager – MRO Software (Maintainence, Repair, Overhaul) Aerospace and Defense
Our client is a major 'Magic Quadrant' Software vendor providing mission-specific software to firms. The firm has 10,000 customers worldwide and their Aerospace and Defense Business Unit is seeking a Key Account manager with a passion for selling enterprise software. The ideal candidate is assertive and entrepreneurial, seeking the opportunity to make a positive impact in a company with a growing presence in the global business software market. The role may be based anywhere in the U.S., though an Eastern location is preferred; candidates should be 'Chicago or East' ideally.
The candidate will:
- Generate revenue from license sales, service sales and maintenance services focused on selling into the MRO space, which could include airlines or defense entities needing MRO solutions.
- Lead the execution of the sales cycle
- Sell directly to executive level decision-makers
- Develop the opportunities by creating business partnerships to supplement offerings and provide implementation services
- A proven track record as a hunter and/or install-base deal-closer
- 8 - 10 years of relevant new or established license sales experience based on complex software sales, such as ERP, SCM, EAM, ESM, and MRO software license sales. MRO experience/exposure is especially desired, but not definitively required. Industry exposure is essential however.
- Defense and/or aerospace industry sales experience required, including established relationships with our Key customer
- Experience with a long, complex sales process (6-9 months) and an average deal size of >$550,000
- Experience with Government contractor processes and procedures
- Experience with Government contractor source selection processes
- Ability to handle multiple buying influences and sell solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment with solution experts
- Strategic value selling capability (SPIN, complex sale, TAS, Solution, etc.)
- Strong understanding of enterprise software technology
- Understands manufacturing, asset management, project management, project reporting, demand planning, EAM, MRO, MRP, defense manufacturing, heavy maintenance, supply chain management, spare parts management, fleet and asset management, etc.
- Personal characteristics: quick learner, strong deal leadership qualities, good problem solver and decision maker, think quickly on your feet, excellent communication skills, assertive personality, strong initiative, dogged persistence, enthusiasm, thrives in a fast paced environment, adaptable, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting
- Willingness to travel as needed (could involve up to approx. 50%)
- Previous management experience is desired but not mandatory