Promotes and sells a portfoliohydraulic bolting equipment, rental packages, training programs and software, directly to current and new customers to meet assigned sales targets. Owns geographic territory of Western Louisiana as well as assigned customer relationships. Utilizes value selling techniques. Creates, monitors, and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. Engages with organization to qualify opportunities and enters those into CRM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Manage existing customer contacts within the assigned territory and develop new contacts
- In concert with the Sales Manager, develop a comprehensive, annual sales plan for the assigned territory and key accounts
- Provide Sales Manager regular updates on sales forecasts when projects shift that could affect revenue up or down.
- Maintain regular face to face contact with clients and record data to feed sales metrics through CRM system
- Provide applicable market and competitive feedback to sales and sales management
- Continuous communication with inside sales group keeping abreast of customers upcoming/open rental and sales activity
- Advise management, other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation and sales of products and /or services of the company.
- Maintain a record and update of all quote opportunities in CRM system
- Maintain the highest level of ethical business standards in support of SPX Hydraulic Technologies corporate policies.
- Must have mechanical and technical aptitude to trouble-shoot problems, assess risks, and develop recommendations for potential customer issues.
- Must be able to deliver presentations, both written and oral.
- Must be able to conduct on-site demonstrations of hydraulic tooling.
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. People performing this function will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / DESIRED BACKGROUND:
Specialized, in-depth understanding of hydraulic tooling, both rental and sales in the petrochemical and refining contractor market and understands the needs and challenges of assigned accounts. Generally, 5-8 years related sales and territory management experience. Helps develop customers understanding by conducting field demonstrations, presentations and applications verification. Ideally have sold in the petrochemicalcontractor market and have a solid understanding of rental demands. Must be self starter, motivated and know where to go to generate business and have a can do attitude to meet the customer's emergency based tooling requirements.
- BS or BA in business or engineering or 5-8 years industrial sales experience in the Oil & Gas markets, focusing on 3rd party contractors, OEM’s and owner/operators.
- Excellent sales, customer service and customer relationship building skills
- Proficient presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical design drawings
- Must be effective at managing multiple tasks
- Must have mechanical aptitude and technical background
- Ability to conduct hands on demonstrations of hydraulic equipment with confidence
- Must be able to work independently, be a self starter, and self motivated
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of sales CRM system and Microsoft Office
- Travel required – approximately 80% within the assigned territory