Key Account Sales Representative - Bolting Systems
About SPX Flow
With approximately $5 billion in annual revenue, Charlotte, North Carolina-based SPX is a multi-industry manufacturing leader with operations in more than 35 countries and over 14,000 employees worldwide.
Meeting the critical needs of world economies -- particularly today's fast-growing emerging markets -- has been the driving force behind our strategic expansion and success in recent years. Since 1998, acquisitions and focused organic growth have helped SPX transition from a U.S.-centric automotive component manufacturer with less than $1 billion in sales, to a globally diversified provider of highly engineered, innovative products and technologies that support two critical needs of modern societies: power and energy; and foods and beverages.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Promotes and sells a portfoliohydraulic bolting equipment, rental packages, training programs and software, directly to current and new customers to meet assigned sales targets. Owns geographic territory of Western Louisiana as well as assigned customer relationships. Utilizes value selling techniques. Creates, monitors, and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. Engages with organization to qualify opportunities and enters those into CRM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Manage existing customer contacts within the assigned territory and develop new contacts
- In concert with the Sales Manager, develop a comprehensive, annual sales plan for the assigned territory and key accounts
- Provide Sales Manager regular updates on sales forecasts when projects shift that could affect revenue up or down.
- Maintain regular face to face contact with clients and record data to feed sales metrics through CRM system
- Provide applicable market and competitive feedback to sales and sales management
- Continuous communication with inside sales group keeping abreast of customers upcoming/open rental and sales activity
- Advise management, other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation and sales of products and /or services of the company.
- Maintain a record and update of all quote opportunities in CRM system
- Maintain the highest level of ethical business standards in support of SPX HydraulicTechnologies corporate policies.
- Must have mechanical and technical aptitude to trouble-shoot problems, assess risks, and develop recommendations for potential customer issues.
- Must be able to deliver presentations, both written and oral.
- Must be able to conduct on-site demonstrations of hydraulic tooling.
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. People performing this function will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / DESIRED BACKGROUND:
Specialized, in-depth understanding of hydraulic tooling, both rental and sales in the petrochemical and refining contractor market and understands the needs and challenges of assigned accounts. Generally, 5-8years related sales and territory management experience. Helps develop customers understanding by conducting field demonstrations, presentations and applications verification. Ideally have sold in the petrochemicalcontractor market and have a solid understanding of rental demands. Must be self starter, motivated and know where to go to generate business and have a can do attitude to meet the customer's emergency based tooling requirements.
- BS or BA in business or engineering or 5-8years industrial sales experience in the Oil & Gas markets, focusing on 3rd party contractors, OEM’s and owner/operators.
- Excellent sales, customer service and customer relationship building skills
- Proficient presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical design drawings
- Must be effective at managing multiple tasks
- Must have mechanical aptitude and technical background
- Ability to conduct hands on demonstrations of hydraulic equipment with confidence
- Must be able to work independently, be a self starter, and self motivated
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of sales CRM system and Microsoft Office
- Travelrequired – approximately 80% within the assigned territory