The Key Account Sales Executive plays a critical role within Johnson Electric (JE). You will be responsible for creating and maintaining customer relationships with large and important accounts to ensure business continuity and growth. The primary function of this role is to ensure that JE solutions are chosen as the first choice for our customers’ targeted programs/projects. Success in this role requires a professional who excels at the following:
- Engaging with customer product design/development and sourcing teams to build awareness and confidence in JE solutions
- Taking ownership of accounts and being on top of the issues facing our customers, their business value to JE and the competitive environment
- Understanding JE customers’ decision-making process & key players...and able to influence both to win business
- Selling and servicing large accounts
- Creating new opportunities and accounts for JE
- Partnering with JE’s internal stakeholders as the ambassador for your customers
- Managing, tracking and reporting on business opportunities
- Staying current on engineering and commercial changes as they impact existing and future revenues
- Employing business acumen to ensure JE’s resources are being invested wisely as they relate to customer opportunities
Responsibilities include the following:
- Execute product sales strategies and plans via internal collaboration and customer relationship management.
- Build relationships with customers and obtain information on their market trends, value points, and satisfaction of JE service.
- Spend time at customer sites developing relationships with various levels and disciplines; enact JE's priorities and negotiate effectively.
- Apply financial analysis for difficult business choices/projects and prepare various options considering short- and long-term effects.
- Translate Voice of the Customer (VOC) input into JE technology road maps, engineering changes, and/or new productizing efforts.
- Establish Discovery Driven Planning (DDP) process inputs (program, volume detail) and manage/track changes throughout the year.
- Coordinate Salesforce.com and Plant Sales Forecast and Actuals data for accurate planning and effective decision-making.
- Bachelordegree in Engineering or demonstrated successful experience in technical sales
- 6+ years of experience in business to business sales
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Sales of Electro-Mechanical Products
- Experience with Industrial Products
- Sound leadership and communication skills.
- Able to distill major issues from background noise.
- Strong analytical, financial, and reasoning skills. Understands current business financial measurement tools. Able to quickly analyze and conclude on complex data and risks.
- Commercially aware regarding market, products, business capability, and services.
- Strategic thinker on markets, products, and projects.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude, understands complex motion systems, and able to apply knowledge/skills to advance Johnson Electric's products as solutions to customers' needs.