SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Key Account Manager (KAM) covers a designated territory that ranges in geographic size to support and address the inquiries of various healthcare providers treating Toxoplasmosis in the assigned area. This position will require working closely across multiple departments within Vyera.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing thorough coverage of key customers through product discussions, designated health care professional targets and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory. Promote awareness of Vyera products, disease states and services (i.e., disease state information, patient access and discharge planning) to healthcare providers as needed. Ensure healthcare providers and key office personnel are aware of Vyera’s product discount program and address reimbursement issues as needed. The KAM is responsible for analyzing local trends, as well as identifying long and short-term goals to build a strong product foundation for Vyera products.
- Utilizes working knowledge of Vyera products and therapeutic disease to promote the appropriate use of the company’s products to healthcare professionals. Prepares business plan for own territory with the guidance of the Regional Sales Director ensuring account strategy is consistent with national brand strategy. May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events. Collaborates with Medical Affairs Manager, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal team members on various cross-functional projects.
- The KAM is responsible for building positive and productive customer relationships with key institutional accounts and providers for the purpose of appropriate discussion of Vyera products. The KAM is responsible for performing market development activities for all products and indications within approved product label. The KAM must be able to develop a complete understanding of the health care delivery system within each assigned account, including the physician hierarchy, key pharmacy personnel, clinical nursing staff, etc.
- The Key Account Manager is solely responsible for the sales performance of their territory. Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management. Coordinate commercial activities within the institution and work with marketing in adapting and using existing tools and resources to meet customer needs. Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc. Compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Requires a BA or BS degree and minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant selling experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Experience promoting specialty care products, hospital sales or key accounts is preferred.
- Prior experience in HIV, infectious disease or related therapeutic areas highly desired.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience is essential and relevant therapeutic working knowledge is desirable.
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required.
- This role requires significant travel