Overview of Key Account Manager
This position is responsible for building and developing strong business relationships with customers and implementing strategies in key markets to achieve growth objectives.
- Responsible for development, growth and strategic direction of DSW volume, revenue, and margin with regional accounts at the buying level.
- Responsible for creating, selling in and managing customer-specific business plans that meet and exceed both customer and company expectations.
- Primary DSW account contact with key HQ and field customers to develop and foster collaborative, financially sound working relationships. Deliver presentations and conduct strategy sessions to create annual operating plan for key customers. Initiate course corrections as needed to achieve results.
- Leverage analytical tools (including customer-specific tools and data) to develop new department and category insights through the analysis of MAPS (Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, and Shelving) models.
- Manage all aspects of the retail business including recommendations to facilitate national initiatives and growth. Create a results driven retail culture by encouraging creativity, innovation and "out of the box" thinking. Work in tandem with DSW Support Quarters and local market leadership to maintain and achieve overall company goals. Manage customer administration including AP, AR, and deduction management.
- Develop tools and scoreboards to measure and communicate results.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven track record of calling on Regional HQ Buyers, in the CPG industry.
- Demonstrated passion for individually moving the needle in volume, revenue and margin for a CPG product, through key targeted retail channels.
- Knowledge and experience in profit/loss management. Proven track record with demonstrated ability to exceed goals in consumer products industry.
- Knowledge and experience in managing key HQ and field relationships, volume revenue and margin.
- Ability to analyze and utilize research data to create persuasive, creative fact based selling presentations to key customers.
- Computer competency to include; excel power point and graphics. Use of these skills to develop internal and external presentations.
- Field based position which requires a minimum of 25% to 50% travels to customer locations.
- Ability to pass Company pre-employment background check and drug screening.